Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Catherine graduates from pre-school!

Catherine 'graduated' from her pre-school here in Dhaka yesterday. All of the children dressed up as their favorite character and she was a little mermaid. There was a fashion show and then each class (1-2 year olds, 2-3 year olds, 3-4 year olds) sang a song and did a dance. She seemed a little nervous during the fashion show, as she had her fingers in her mouth as she crossed the stage, but got into the groove for the song as her little class sang 'the wheels on the bus'....one of her favorites.
Here is the entire class for the GRANDE FINALE! Dave and I were in the backrow of seats singing along and clapping furiously. We often ask ourselves if other parents think Catherine is as special as we do...that she MUST be the smartest, most talented kid EVER!
Here she is accepting her graduation certificate and rose up on the stage. I tried to get out of the photo, but my belly is too big and I made it in the shot anyway! I am the one in the green outfit on the right side of the photo.

Mom and dad took Catherine out to dinner to celebrate afterwards! I guess this is just the first of many graduations to come (at least we hope that's the case!)

2 comments:

Aunt Jeanie said...

What memories this brings back for
me. When my grandson Micah who is now 14 years old graduated from The Faith Christian Academy kindergarten, the Head Master ask each child what they wanted to be when they grew up. Would you believe one of Micah's friends said he wanted to be a Paleontologist (BTW I had to look up the spelling!!) and would you believe all of these years later and he is STILL interested in the study of dinosaurs!! You never know.........

Joe said...

I can read Rainbow (in French) on Catherine's diploma. Very sweet.