Thursday, March 26, 2009

Catherine is Amazing!

If you frequent our site often, then you've probably figured out that Robin is THE blogger and I've only contributed a few over the past year and half. You've probably also noticed that there hasn't been a blog in about a week. Well that's because Robin has been traveling. I've been meaning to post a blog to let everyone know that we're still around and now I'm just getting around to it... just in time for Robin's return. Nothing like waiting till the last minute. To come to my own defense, I couldn't find our digital camera and ultimately came to the conclusion after looking the same place five times that Robin probably took it with her. It then took me the rest of the week to realize that I have a camera on my Blackberry, which brings me today.

You're probably thinking about now, enough of this jibber-jabber and tell us how and why Catherine is amazing. The short answer is... I don't need a reason to know that she's an amazing child. However, my belief was validated this morning when I dropped her off as school. I took her to her room like we do everyday. I put Catherine's Michigan backpack (from Coach and Mimi of course) on the hook that has her picture. We entered the room and said good morning to her teacher as I always do. Her teacher seemed excited to see me, which isn't usual. She went over to Catherine's cubby hole and pulled out a piece of paper. She showed it to me and said Catherine did this all by herself, which is especially exceptional (my words, not the teachers) given the number of letters. I looked at it and thought this is worth framing! It's certainly impressive that she spelled this (minus a few backward letters, which she consistently used), but (and this is in retrospect) the fact that she got all the letters in a straight line might be just as impressive (clearly she has Robin's organizational skills). Anyhow, this is just one reason why Catherine is amazing! See for yourself....


I tried to get a picture of Catherine holding it; however, it was too close to her bedtime and she wasn't up for it. We hope that you and your loved ones are safe and doing well. We think of family often and miss you!



No comments: