Friday, May 2, 2008

The Bangladeshi New Year (April 14)





Catherine had a special program at her pre-school to celebrate the Bangla New Year. The custom is to wear bright red and white, which of course she did. Here she is in her very first Sari! She also participated in her very first fashion show. After the singing by the children and teachers, there was lots of fun activities for the kids like face painting and T-shirt making as well as traditional Bangladeshi food and arts and crafts for sale.

2 comments:

Aunt Jeanie said...

A belated Happy New Year to ya all!
I just wanted you to know how very much I am enjoying following your travels and experiences - and watching Catherine growing up!!

I check your blog every morning when I get to work, just to make sure I am not missing anything. And I share it with my office friends.

Please keep the stories and pixs
coming!!

from Aunt Jeanie

Amy said...

Hi all,

Just checking in to see how you are doing. It looks like you are having a great time and Catherine is growing quickly. Wanted to tell you that I am taking a new job and leaving Jhpiego on May 30. Shifting to a domestic focus, working for a private foundation here in Baltimore. More later....

Hugs - Amy